Our Program Vision is to impact lives for Christ through baseball.
At Gameday Baseball, we are passionate about Youth baseball in Colorado. We’re convinced that there are some important things missing from typical Youth baseball leagues:
- A commitment to a high level of excellence in the baseball program itself.
- A strong emphasis on the quality of character being as important as the quality game skills.
- An open integration of Christian values and faith as a developmental force in the lives of young athletes.
Through Gameday Baseball, we have developed a Youth baseball program that addresses those missing pieces. There are three core value concepts that drive our approach: Faith, Character, and Excellence.
There’s no way around the fact that the moral and ethical systems that drive our majority culture are rooted in religious expression. At Gameday Baseball we openly embrace Christian character, morality, and living — so that parents who share those values can choose to have their sons receive that benefit while also receiving some of the best baseball training available in the region. (Parents and players who are not Christian, but who value Christian ethics and teachings and who will honor them as part of this program, are also welcome!)
At Gameday, we believe the Bible can be openly, powerfully, and intentionally woven into the game of baseball in a very effective way. It is the surety of that viewpoint that defines our Mission: “To impact lives for Christ through baseball!”
Baseball is an incredible platform through which to teach valuable life-impacting lessons to boys and young men — sportsmanship, team work, and learning how to walk in both confidence and humility are just a few examples. In many ways, those lessons are more important than simply learning the physical skills of the game. Unfortunately, character building is not within the skill set or focus of many Youth coaches and Youth baseball programs. Ugly competitiveness, disrespecting other teams, and poor behavior by some coaches are too often the norm.
The goal of every team in every game is to win – but at the Youth level, we’re convinced that can’t be the only goal. Great personal character is one of the key attributes that separates great coaching from poor coaching. Gameday Baseball provides a balanced context where developing players will receive not only excellent skills instruction, but because we only select coaches of proven high character, the players also learn deeper character, ethical, and faith lessons in the process. Faith lessons – in baseball? You bet!
To quote Major League player and manager Buck Rodgers: “There are countless ways of attaining greatness, but any road to reaching one’s maximum potential must be built on a bedrock of respect for the individual, a commitment to excellence, and a rejection of mediocrity.”
We totally agree! Providing an environment that is committed to excellence – from game play, to the facilities we play in, to the equipment we use – has a dramatic positive impact on how young men respond to the game. That kind of environment also teaches about the tie between achievement and commitment to excellence – a lesson that will stay with the young player the rest of his life. Gameday Baseball uses state-of-the-art video technology as a training and teaching tool for our players.
Gameday Baseball is committed to doing everything with excellence in order to provide the best learning environment for our players.
So, what’s next?
Gameday was launched in the summer of 2012, and we are growing fast as we move through 2018! Here’s a timeline of some of the key events in our growth so far:
- Gameday Baseball was incorporated as a 501c3 non-profit corporation in June 2012.
- By August 2012, we had over 60 families and players signed up to play for our Fall and Spring baseball program. By the end of August 2012, we had organized three Gameday Fall teams.
- In October 2012, Gameday obtained the use of one of the best baseball facilities in the region – Double Angel Fields, in Parker, CO. Two incredible turf fields under the lights, conveniently located in the southern suburbs Denver with easy access off I-25, 470, or Parker Road! Gameday is blessed to have this high quality facility for our teams to call their “Home Field”
- “The Bubble” our 30,000 sq ft indoor training facility is constructed and opened!
- 2018 is shaping up to be an incredible year of growth!
We couldn’t be more excited about all that is already happening – but there is much more to come!
We’re growing not only excellent baseball players through an excellent baseball program — but we’re also growing the men, leaders, husbands and fathers of tomorrow. It is with great joy and passion that we invite you to join us!